Research Computing Cowork
Research Computing CoworkMarch 16th, 10:30AM to 12:00PM April 25th, 10:30AM to 12:00PM
This meetup provides the research computing community with a shared working space to meet collaborators, share knowledge, and get help. We also invite groups to reserve time for focused discussions that may be of interest to the broader research computing community.Register Now
iCER & CMSE are coordinating a series of coworking meetups revolving around scientific computing and HPC. Coworking is a style of work that involves people (from a wide variety of backgrounds) working in a shared workspace. In our case, we’re inviting other HPCers to a Coworking space to work on their research.
Transfer of Knowledge
New connections with other HPCers
There is no set agenda and you don't even have to be actively working on the HPC system. Contact us with your suggestions for table discussions. We will provide support in advertising these focused discussions.
- March 16th - Alex Grueneberg and Pat Bills will lead a table discussion on R for HPC.
- April 25th - Two table discussions:
- OpenMP and MPI
- Dirk Colbry will lead a table discussion on using Jupyter Notebook for classroom instruction
Please come with questions/topics.
Who can attend?
Ideally, people from a variety of departments and expertise would all show up and sit together to do their research or meet collaborators. This can include: faculty, post-docs, graduates, undergraduates, etc. iCER Research Specialists and HPCC system administrators will be present. We will have an epad set up when you get there where you can "check-in" share some keywords/interests/goals - this will help to facilitate the connections.
- March 16, 2017 from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST), Biomedical & Physical Sciences Building, Room 1455 (A)
- April 25, 2017 from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EST), Engineering Building, Room 1502-1503
Snacks are provided.